- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Project Manager
My Client is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager in the Water Sector
This role will involve project planning, customer liaison, leadership and good management of engineering project teams project and service engineers working with and repairing wastewater equipment.
The role requires an experienced and commercially astute Mechanical/Electrical Engineer who can manage a team of project managers, engineers and technical personnel to deliver projects. The successful candidate will need to have the ability to understand the systems and processes associated with wastewater treatment and have knowledge of NEC3 contracts.
The role is office based from Dumfries however you will be expected to make site visits to provide customer engagement, conduct planning and provide direct management of projects where required which will require occasional overnight stays.
- Take ownership of assigned jobs and lead the projects team to deliver them
- Carry out site inspections/visits and compile survey reports for quotations
- Ensure that you and your project managers initiate, plan, execute, control and closeout projects to meet defined project parameters
- Estimate jobs within contractual time constraints, producing solutions and quotations for customers ensuring maximum profits whilst maintaining quality standards and excellent customer service.
- Provide specific job costings and implement financial controls where needed.
- Ensure effective leadership and management e.g. to time, quality, efficiencies, cost and other defined parameters. This includes the strict management of on-site staff under your control i.e. overtime, safety, quality etc.
- Provide detailed project reports including GANNT charts on request and be prepared to brief on Dumfries activity at the weekly Operations Coordination meeting.
- Liaise and support all other departments as needed in order to support M&N business objectives and develop the forward progression of the Company. Cross utilisation of manpower and assets.
- Maximise sales opportunities by offering innovative solutions to customers and encouraging all personnel to do the same.
- To be consultative, problem solving and offer a solution orientated approach leading to excellent customer satisfaction, sales of packages/value added systems including design, manufacture, supply, installation, commissioning, service, repair, maintenance and supply of spare parts.
- To be responsible for the profit and loss of the projects.
- Within your team; to ensure that all the Company policies and procedures for ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 are maintained and that regulations on health and safety are adhered to in order to maintain a safe working environment. This will include any customer's specific regulations.Company pool transport is available as some travelling will be required within the UK which will require occasional overnight stays.
- Engineering qualified ideally to Degree/HND or equivalent experience considered.
- Project management trained.
- Confined spaces to City and Guilds (desirable).
- Manual handling qualification (desirable).
- SMSTS - Site safety management (Min).Knowledge & Skills
- Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of wastewater screens and the systems and processes within which they work (desirable).
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety Issues in connection with the construction industry.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of staff and work in a systematic and organised manner to ensure work is completed within set timescales.
- Project management, planning and coordination.
- Ability to carry out site inspections and compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
- IT literate - excellent computer skills.
- Ability to undertake risk assessments.
- Produce and operate Gannt charts.
- Experience working on industrial equipment/engineering equipment.
- Experience of managing a team for successful delivery of time critical engineering projects.
- Water industry/environmental experience.
- Installation, commissioning and setting up of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls.
- Success in delivering engineering projects to tight deadlines.
- Track record in selling engineering services.
- Managing Contracts (NEC3 etc.).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.