- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Assurance Engineer
There is a new requirement for a Software Assurance Engineer to join Matchtech's key client in Filton.
Purpose of role
- To support the Software Assurance Engineering Manager in planning, coordinating and managing software assurance and configuration;
- To produce, maintain and update the T26 Whole Ship software assurance and configuration documents and periodically baseline in Windchill;
- To define and implement software configuration information management processes and procedures;
- To set up and manage the information infrastructures required by the software assurance team;
- To develop and regularly present the software configuration data/information maturity;
- To produce, maintain and update the configuration of software assurance information held in the software assurance data toolset and published documentation;
- To support and participate in the validation of software configuration information via audits and reviews when necessary;
- To ensure that the collection, assessment, structuring and communication of evidence to demonstrate claimed software properties is conducted consistently, coherently and effectively at the wholeship level across the T26 programme;
- To ensure the availability of necessary evidence that software within T26 systems achieves and sustains the required level of performance in a manner consistent with contractual, legal and regulatory requirements;
- To facilitate and act as chair of the T26 Software Change Forum.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Produce, maintain and update T26 software configuration and related engineering plans;
- Able to devise and implement a complex data schema to manage the project's software configuration information;
- Manage the software configuration data set and tools;
- Develop and regularly present the software configuration data/information maturity;
- Monitor and communicate software status and software configuration progress.
- Provide support to software configuration elicitation workshops;
- Identify and define where there is software content;
- Verify information held in the software configuration data toolset;
- Supporting the validation of software configuration information by stakeholders;
- Participate in the validation of software configuration information via audits and reviews when necessary;
- Engineering support to the Software Change Forum, software assurance related working groups and wholeship change boards.
Key Technical Skills
- Practitioner, by experience and expertise, in Software Engineering, Software Configuration and associated standards.
- Knowledge of processes and tools used in Software Engineering and Configuration.
- Knowledge and experience of software intensive naval systems at the Wholeship level.
- Good understanding of software quality standards (e.g. ISO 9001, TickIT, etc.).
- Good understanding of the defence standards (Def. Stan 00-56, Def. Stand 00-55 and Def. Stan 00-57).
- Good understanding of general software assurance and configuration.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.