- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client within the water sector have a large design team which needs an Environmental Manager to work with the team on environmental matters. The position can be based at either Derby or Coventry.
Our client within the water sector have a large design team which needs an Environmental Manager to work with the team on environmental matters.
- With the creation of a Design function and the shift towards operating as the Expert Client in the Capital Delivery & Commercial Organisation, there is a need to grow and develop the design capability and expertise, the standards for the design team, and the governance around design delivery.
- To provide guidance to the design teams on enhancements that can be made to design that would have a wider benefit to the environment.
- The Environmental Manager will be the 'go to' person for advice on all environmental matters.
- Help with technical governance to ensure that environmental risks are flagged early on in the project and managed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide guidance on environmental survey requirements for projects and work with the Design Support Services Manager to ensure that the surveys are undertaken at the right time of the year with enough time allowed to help inform the designs being developed.
- You will be the link between the design team and the Environmental Team that sit within the Chief Engineers Office for our client's wider environmental plans and strategies.
- Help develop design standards relating to the environment.
- The design team will be developing their own catalogue of designs as part of their BIM strategy, the Environmental Manager will be responsible for the environmental aspects of this Design Catalogue.
- This role will be accountable for determining the techniques, templates, tools and processes required to establish and improve the Capital Delivery Design standards within this discipline "How we do things in Design for Capital Delivery" in Environmental Management
- This role will explore the opportunities to adopt new techniques and technologies for the immediate benefit of delivering the capital programme. As such, the individual will be expected to have a wide network within the industry and strong relationships throughout the supply chain
- The Environmental Manager will be responsible for reviewing the environmental aspects of the designs.
- Develop a training programme for upskilling engineers in relation to Environmental Management.
- In addition to the above, this role will be required to develop and mentor individual apprentices to grow their skills, capabilities and qualifications.
- The Environmental Manager will be the line manager for some of our graduates to help develop them as professionals.
- Play a key role on providing leadership in environmental matters.
- With input from senior leaders in the Chief Engineer's Office and elsewhere within the organisation this role will determine how we work, and the standards we adopt relating to the environment.
- Drive innovation and develop new approaches and solutions to provide benefit to the environment.
- Communicate improvements to the Design team and hold leaders to account for adoption of environmental standards (encouraging challenge and feedback for the purpose of innovation).
- Ensure learnings from post investment reviews are evaluated driving updates to standards, frameworks or innovation.
- Establish network of external stakeholders to capture learnings, understand innovation and best practice and build into the plans for Capital Design technical standards.
- Provide input to the L&D strategy for the Design Community.
- Define and create the mechanisms for assuring demonstrated evidence of capability (for Design development).
- Membership of Communities of Practice (CoPs) with an influencing role ensuring the environmental standards and designs are adhered to, updated and maintained.
- Technical liaison with all suppliers and contractors. Point of contact for new products and ideas in their discipline area.
- Owner of the environmental design standards and specifications.
- Experience in providing technical leadership to a large programme of capital works.
- The ability to lead environmental input into projects and provide guidance to the design teams.
- Experience of working in a design environment at a senior level.
- Experience of introducing (or extensive use of) a quality management systems.
- Effective at integrating within a matrix organisation.
- Experience of working within a design environment (Feasibility through to and including Detailed Design and construction).
- Experience of the complying with environmental legislation.
- Wide network of contacts within the profession and contacts throughout the supply chain.
- Experience of technology transfer from R&D to 'business as usual'.
- Chartered member of CIWEM (or equivalent recognised professional institute)
- Full UK driving license.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.