- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Traffic Engineer
To achieve timely, effective traffic engineering outcomes which uphold the Council's Core Values.
The roles will be within the Design and Engineering team and duties will include:
- Lead and/or assistant responsibility within the specialist area for progressing schemes in accordance with the programme agreed with the Principal Engineer.
- Assisting in the managing, progressing, designing and implementing of road safety engineering, cycle, bus priority, liveable neighbourhood, school streets, play streets and public realm enhancement schemes.
- Managing and progressing civil or highway engineering matters/schemes.
- Achieving timely & effective highway and civil engineering outcomes, which uphold the Council's core values and meet the challenges of best value and comprehensive performance assessment.
- Deputising for the Principal Engineer as required on a limited basis.
- Ensuring statutory and legal obligations are delivered and communicated in a customer focused manner, optimising available resources.
- Representing the Council, in conjunction with colleagues, as an expert spokesperson on issues related to the functional area.
- Taking responsibility for the supervision of staff (when necessary) and contributing towards staff training, development and performance. Continually reviewing professional standards to ensure health and external recognition and accreditation of the service.
- Being an active member of and contributor to the development of the Service Area.
The successful candidate will be engaged in design of safety, accident prevention and cycle schemes for the first 3-5 months of their appointment. There is also the possibility that they could be involved in the implementation of schemes that have reached this stage in the implementation process. Design will involve extensive use of AutoCAD. The successful candidate will be expected to actively seek background information to inform their designs, visit site and transcribe accurately onto AutoCAD all the highway assets that will affect the design. They will also be expected to be conversant with the latest best practises, London Cycle design standards, DMRB, TSRGD and all other relevant legislation and guidelines.
The successful candidate is expected to follow Council procedures for full and inclusive consultation, including active engagement with key stakeholders, drafting consultation documents and councillor liaison. They will also be expected draft reports for delegated approval with assistance from the Principal Engineer they will be working with.
The successful candidate will meet with the Council's contractor on site to discuss the best way to execute the work and discuss any risks associated with the works. This includes both to the timely delivery and manner of working to ensure on site operatives are working in a safe manner. They, with assistance from the Principal Engineer, will need to put together the 'contractors pack' for construction which includes, but is not limited to, permit to work approvals, TM plans and construction drawings and CDM documents. They will also be expected to produce an accurate bill of quantities.
The successful candidate will ensure that all the appropriate legislative documents are in place for both the construction of the works and the permanent scheme. This includes temporary and permanent TMOs, section 90 notices for vertical deflections and section 23 notices for crossings.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.