- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior/ Principal Transport Planner
Our client is a medium sized consultancy who work throughout the UK employing a multi-professional team of engineers, surveyors and experts in all types of construction projects.
The company are currently looking for a Senior or Principal Transport Planner to join their Transportation team in Oxfordshire on a permanent basis.
This team undertakes the following activities:
* Provides public and private sector clients with first class transport planning and highway design consultancy services
* Prepares site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice for a range of commercial and residential developments
* Prepares Transport Assessments, Transport Statements and Travel Plans to accompany planning applications
* Prepares traffic modelling and junction capacity assessments
* Completes a variety of highway design schemes, including S278, S184 and S38 works
* Prepares Road Safety and Non-Motorised User Audits
Relevant skills & experience
* Qualified to a minimum of degree level in an appropriate subject
* A minimum of 5 years' post-graduate experience
* An ability to lead/manage projects including their finances
* An ability to deal with clients and other professionals
* An ability to professionally represent the company
* Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic
* An ability to work within a team
* An ability to use TRICS, ARCADY, PICADY, TRANSYT and LinSig
* Experience in preparing complex Transport Assessments
* Experience of promoting large scale residential development through the Local Plan Process, with associated preparation of relevant evidence base
* An ability to prepare firm and robust rebuttals to statutory consultees through the planning process including negotiating positive results for our clients
* Experience with undertaking and/or interpreting micro-simulation traffic modelling using Paramics or VISSIM or network modelling using SATURN
* Experience of appearing at and preparing evidence to support Planning Appeals, Public Enquiries as an expert witness
* Experience of appearing at Examinations in Public
* Experience with Stopping-Up and Traffic Regulation Orders
* Experience with highway design and Road Safety Audits
* An ability to win new work and potentially expand the business to new areas
A Senior Transport Planner will ordinarily undertake the following tasks
* Carry out site appraisals, feasibility studies and provide pre-application advice
* Prepare Transport Assessments and Transport Statements
* Undertake traffic modelling and junction capacity assessments
* Liaise with clients, project team members and local authorities
* Attend meetings with local authorities and/or other members of the project team
* Oversee and co-ordinate whole projects and packages of work including managing their finances
* Prepare fee proposals and invoices
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation.
The company contributes to regular social events and encourages involvement with our nominated charities.
The company have flexible working hours, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover.
The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses.
The company has been listed as an NCE100 company, in recognition of the role that we play in driving the industry forward, increasing productivity, driving cultural change and delivering for society in the UK and beyond.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.