- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior / Principal Highways Engineer
Our client is a medium sized consultancy who work throughout the UK employing a multi-professional team of engineers, surveyors and experts in all types of construction projects.
The company are currently looking for a Senior or Principal Highways Engineer to join their Highways team in Oxfordshire on a permanent basis.
The role will be varied and all encompassing and will include a mix of hands-on highways design work and technical support to other members of the in-house team. Candidates must have detailed design experience and a solid background in highway construction projects. You will be able to review and take responsibility for issuing design drawings and have the seniority to liaise effectively with clients, other members of the professional team, Local Authorities and contractors.
This team undertakes the following tasks:
* Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice
* Design of roads, junctions and drainage
* Production of pre and post-planning technical reports
* Junction capacity modelling
* Road Safety Auditing
* Utility Assessments
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another capable and experienced Engineer / Technician. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients.
Relevant skills & experience:
* Minimum 5 years experience working in a transport planning / engineering design consultancy
* Able to deal with clients and interface with consultancy design and construction teams utilising competent communication skills both orally and in writing
* Technical and computing ability to produce horizontal and vertical highways design
* Strong self-motivation and initiative
* Familiarity of highway planning procedures, including Section 38 / 278 Agreements, UK design principles and standards including MfS and DMRB
* An ability to follow instructions and to work well with others as part of a team
* Knowledge of procedures relating to TROs and Road Safety Audits etc.
* Good commercial awareness
* Applicants should be qualified with an appropriate Engineering degree and already be / or working towards this.
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation.
The company contributes to regular social events and encourages involvement with our nominated charities.
The company have flexible working hours, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover.
The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses.
The company has been listed as an NCE100 company, in recognition of the role that we play in driving the industry forward, increasing productivity, driving cultural change and delivering for society in the UK and beyond.ng toward Incorporated or Chartered status
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.