- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Graduate Engineer - Highways
Our client is a medium sized consultancy who work throughout the UK employing a multi-professional team of engineers, surveyors and experts in all types of construction projects.
The team in South Oxfordshire are looking for a Graduate Engineer / Technician to join their Highways team on a permanent basis.
The role will be varied and will include a mix of hands-on highways design work with technical support of other members of the in-house team. You will be able to take on preparation of preliminary and detailed design drawings and liaise effectively with other members of the professional team, Local Authorities and clients.
This team undertakes the following tasks:
* Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice
* Design of roads, junctions and drainage
* Production of pre and post-planning technical reports
* Junction capacity modelling
* Road Safety Auditing
* Utility Assessments
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for a capable graduate. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by clients.
Experience / Qualifications:
* Willingness to gain experience working in a transport planning / engineering design consultancy. Previous experience not essential.
* Willingness to interface with consultancy design and construction teams utilising competent communication skills both orally and in writing
* Ability to learn under supervision preparation of horizontal and vertical highways design
* Strong self-motivation and initiative
* Ability to learn relevance of highway planning procedures, UK design principles and standards
* Ability to follow instructions and to work well with others as part of a team
* Appreciation of commercial aspects of business
* Applicants should be qualified with an appropriate Engineering degree and ideally be aiming to become Incorporated or Chartered in the future.
Remuneration and training:
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation.
The company contributes to regular social events and encourages involvement with our nominated charities.
The company have flexible working hours, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover.
The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses.
The company has been listed as an NCE100 company, in recognition of the role that we play in driving the industry forward, increasing productivity, driving cultural change and delivering for society in the UK and beyond.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.