- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Simulation Software Engineer
There is a long-term contract opportunity with Matchtech's key client based in Warton.
The Air Service, Aircrew Training Simulation Systems (ATSS) Software Team currently develop simulation products in support of aircrew training for the Typhoon aircraft. Utilising Agile Development Processes and Techniques, the work will typically involve production of software design and code through to integration testing and support.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Work effectively as a Team member within a Team of engineers to design, develop, test, document, configure and deliver simulations.
- Develop all products to agreed standards and procedures using the specified tools and maintain product quality during development.
- Test products sufficiently to ensure minimal, or ideally no re-work is required due to incorrect implementation.
- Investigate and resolve problems raised during integration and formal acceptance.
- Agree to and work to timescales, clearly understanding and providing regular feedback of progress and achievement.
- Communicate effectively. identifying early potential risks, seeking clarification, feedback and passing on guidance/tuition to team members with less experience.
- Ensure that source information, advice and validation is provided from the aircraft subject matter experts during all stages of development.
- Ensure a good working knowledge of SDP, STP and other documents within the Air and Ground Training Quality Management System.
- Ensure that a good working knowledge of Air and Ground Training related product deliverables is maintained and that an awareness of customer issues is also maintained.
- Participate in continuous process improvement.
- Understand and comply with BAE Systems Warton policies on security, IT facilities, operating procedures, absence and attendance, staff job time recording, health and safety and business ethics.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering simulation software representing one or more Typhoon subsystems.
- Experience within one of the Typhoon software design teams is desirable, as is previous experience of software development for flight simulators or experience of modelling complex system behaviour. Role is likely to be primarily focused on the Armament Control System and ideally previous experience of Typhoon weapon bus and the weapon types fitted to Typhoon would be desirable.
- Knowledge of simulator data interchange protocols, DIS / HLA and simulation synthetic environments e.g. VR Forces desirable.
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes, MIL-STD-498 and LCM (Lifecycle Management) would be advantageous as would previous experience working in an environment using configuration control tools such as Dimensions or Rational Clearcase.
- Good communication skills will be required in order to liaise efficiently with the customer and aircraft design teams with regard to perceived problems/accuracy of the supplied product.
- Good analytical skills will also be required to analyse high level requirements from a variety of sources and produce maintainable software design, code and test documentation.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.