- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
There are currently 10 positions for Safety Professionals across Land, Air and Maritime Domains to be based in Bristol.
These roles will close on 14th July 2019
Interviews will be held WC 22nd July 2019
As a Safety Professional, you will be part of our Acquisition Safety and Environmental Protection discipline.
This is the part of our Engineering function that provides specialist expertise to enable the delivery of equipment, services and systems to the Armed Forces that are safe to use, and provides on-going support so that they can continue to be used safely.
Working as part of an integrated team, you will be responsible for delivery of safe equipment to the front-line user.
As our Product Safety Professional, your remit will be:
- To establish or maintain the project safety management system including plans, processes and tools and to operate these in conjunction with the other specialists in the team.
- You will advise on, and facilitate the conduct of hazard assessments, maintain the hazard log and ensure that risk mitigation activities are completed to enable safety targets are met.
- You will also advise on aspects such as legislative requirements and provide constructive challenge on whether risks have been reduced to as low as is reasonably practicable. Top-up training is available and this will include the specific domain requirements (Land/Sea/Air) e.g. airworthiness.
- You will understand where regulatory and legislative compliance is paramount and know how to manage safety risk, and where it is appropriate to use innovative/creative thinking to improve how equipment safety management is performed within DE&S.
Prior knowledge and experience that includes Safety Case development or management, as well as facilitation of underpinning activities (e.g. hazard identification and analysis with subject matter experts) will be highly valued.
Given the importance of these roles we are particularly interested in those with not only a track record of stakeholder management but evidence of having the judgement and strength of character to speak up when they see something unsafe and the ability to convince people to take the actions necessary to ensure safety is maintained. We will be looking for evidence of demonstrable competence in this field, enabling you to work independently as a practitioner with minimal supervision.
- To be successful, you will have experience operating in the 'product safety', 'equipment safety' or, 'process safety' fields.
- You will be able to clearly demonstrate awareness of, and experience in using structured methodical approaches to safety management.
- These will include but not be limited to; the application of systems safety processes, tools and techniques.
You will provide evidence of holding a level 4 qualification in a relevant safety, engineering or science discipline (e.g. Higher National Certificate or equivalent, Defence Academy System Safety Practitioner exam) or have commensurate experience in engineering product safety.
Candidates will be members of a relevant professional institution such as the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM), or demonstrate that they can achieve a relevant professional registration within a period of one year.
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.