- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Flood Risk Engineer
My client is lookingh for an experienced Flood risk consultant to work from their offices in Newport South Wales on a permanent staff basis.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 2 years experience and be qualified to a graduate level in a relevant field of flood risk/hydraulic modelling.
My clients teams provide strategic, feasibility and design advice to a range of clients involved in development, land use planning and flood risk management projects. These include flood risk assessments, surface water drainage design, strategic flood risk assessments and catchment scale flood management. The current opportunity focuses on development planning and, as such, we are interested in applications from candidates with a good understanding of current flood risk and planning policy who can communicate comfortably and effectively with our private sector clients, the Environment Agency and other risk management authorities.
The successful candidate will be part of my clients team delivering flood risk assessments, hydraulic modelling studies and/ or hydrological studies to support a wide range of projects from small-scale single plots to large multi-disciplinary developments. You will liaise with developers/clients, consult with regulators and planning authorities and work with inter-disciplinary teams from within my client to deliver suitable designs and successful outcomes. You will also provide technical support to junior staff and input into bid and tender preparation.
You will be responsible for:
* Undertaking Flood Risk and Flood Consequence Assessments
* Preparing outline drainage strategies
* Contributing to Strategic Flood/SuDS studies for Local Planning Authorities
* Providing planning related advice in relation to flood risk and drainage, for projects in both England and Wales
* Graduate +2 - 6 years
* Chartered or near Chartered, through examination with relevant professional institution
* Able to work independently.
* Experience of preparing and coordinating FCA's, FRA's, SFRA's and drainage strategies
* Excellent technical report writing skills and verbal communication skills, to explain complex technical issues to non-specialists
* Project management, including contract and commercial awareness
* Knowledge and awareness of the UK planning process and policy
* Broad technical skills and awareness of relevant hydraulic and hydrological methods and software
* Familiarity in working in GIS and CAD formats
* Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word/Excel)
* A full UK driving licence will be essential for the role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.