- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client require an Asset Manager based in Banbury, but with a requirement to travel along the M40 motorway.
The M40 motorway is just over 123kms long linking London M25 with its second city Birmingham. Traffic levels are high ranging from 90,000 to 140,000 daily. The contract is for routine O&M maintenance with a separate contract variation to provide a dedicated incident repose unit. There are 93 staff across 3 depots. The contract includes the provision of dedicated staff to manage, road incidents, road availability and road-space booking as part of the South Mimms Network Control Centre (NCC).
The Asset Manager will be responsible for management of records, data, future planning and control, network management, asset management, network stewardship and identification of need for network improvement. Management of both Highways and Structures inventory databases and for Implementing Company and local policies, with priority given to Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental issues
Achieve a consistent high-quality approach to asset management throughout the M40 by
- Monitoring the state of the asset, identifying future maintenance needs and developing sustainable proposals for renewals.
- Manage inventory databases
- Manage the programme of inventory, structures and pavement inspections
- Develop Schemes Database for proposal to UKH M40 Ltd through Major Maintenance Request (MMR) process.
- Collation of records on Network condition, inventory, and improvement for both infrastructure and road users.
- Produce and monitor an Inspections Programme based on Contract requirements. These programmes should be capable of looking ahead a minimum of 5 years.
- Responsible for the efficient execution of Inspections to ensure delivery of the Company's requirements and those of the Client UKH M40 Ltd. The management of resources required to deliver the Inspections. Report on progress of the programme monthly or by exception.
- Coordinate the allocation, notification and close out of Defects identified from the inspections.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is in place including Risk Assessments and method Statements.
- Effectively engage and manage sub contract resources to deliver specialist and other inspections within required timescales.
- Review sub-contractor Risk Assessments and Method Statements and ensure they are approved before work commences.
- Produce reports for submission to the client at the frequency required by the Contract.
- Ensure the accuracy and adequacy of reports submitted by sub-contractors before submission to the client.
- Using the Routine and Cyclic programme, identify Works packages within closures, provide quantities and specification, and forward to Ops Team.
- Provide defect packages to Operations Team to ensure effective use of road closures, provide same to client to allow them opportunity to close out defects in CHM closures where practicable. This applies to all closures on the Network.
- Close out defects on system following confirmation from Operations Team or Client. Provide report of defects closed in the month.
- Provide daily report to Operations Manager for CAT 1 defects, and weekly report for all outstanding defects. Including Structures defects.
- Administer NIFS room ensuring that all updated information related to the Network is filed correctly.
- Engage with Inspection Team through regular 1 to 1s, Team Talks, and PDR process. Identify shortfalls in training and ensure this gets entered onto training matrix.
- Actively participate during the Winter Maintenance Season with decision making and Snowdesk.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and complaints relating to the Network
Manage interface with third parties and major projects t
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.