- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highways Team Leader
Our client is the sector leader in the growing UK highways management and maintenance market.
The highways team in Bristol are currently looking for a Design team Leader to join them on a permanant basis.
- Manage the team to ensure that delivery is achieved in accordance with client requirements.
- Undertake services within a highway engineering environment which may include (but are not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents and works/construction inspection and supervision.
- Lead the delivery of technical outputs within the team and ensure personal/team utilisation targets are met.
- Provide technical input to the brief responses and proposals for new work, including fee estimates.
- Be accountable for checking, certifying and authorising design deliverables (including drawings, specifications, professional skill and care certificates, reports and contract documents) for issue.
- Implement performance management processes ensuring team are clear on expectations and standards of performance required.
Skills and Experience required:
- Preferably a chartered / incorporated member (or equivalent) of a relevant professional institution
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrable broad in-depth experience in design of highway maintenance or improvement schemes to UK standards.
- Experience of Value Managing schemes using Highways England's processes and procedures.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.