- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am currently recruiting for a experienced Design Engineer to work on aircraft seating products in Cwmbran.
- Define design solutions for new components / assemblies and modifications to existing components (Composites mainly and, metallic).
- Optimise the design solution selected for each component / assembly, based on the correct balance of cost, quality, manufacturability, serviceability and performance.
- To provide evidence of design compliance with Customer / Technical specifications.
- To produce engineering schemes, models and drawings for components / assemblies in line with the requirements of the Programme.
- Prepare drawings and other engineering data required for the manufacturing of the product and data submittal to the customer.
- Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notice) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality, and certification.
- Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
- To provide structured problem solving (8D) support to manufacturing areas and to resolve any identified design issues.
- Produce innovative, intelligent designs for production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight, and function.
- To promote and contribute to initiatives aimed at improving the performance of Design and the Business.
- Support liaison during initial production of new product designs to prevent and/or solve any engineering issue that may arise.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to examine supplier lead times, costs and availability for parts and tooling necessary to manufacture the product being designed.
- Ensure own quality of deliveries. Verify, check and sign off on Program co-workers' engineering drawings.
- Specify parts and materials under guidance from the Project Engineer.
- To work rigorously to customer group procedures.
- Participate to progress review meetings with the project team
- Support the planning definition (estimation of required time to perform tasks)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.