- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
There is an opportunity for an Aerodynamics Engineer to join our defence client based in Warton on a contractor basis.
As an engineer with some years of experience, an individual would be expected to be involved primarily in aerodynamically based numerical modelling, prediction and verification activities. As well as direct support to project work, this will include methods and tools development, and possible involvement in advanced research programmes and support to wind tunnel and flight test programmes. Involvement in the aerodynamic design, development and certification of advanced combat aircraft with opportunities for research in related fields. Awareness of and experience in a number of specialist areas will be encouraged.
Aerodynamics Engineers study flight physics and the flow of air on, around, into, through, and out of an aircraft. The aim is to ensure the design achieves performance and controllability requirements which meet customer operational needs, and safely comply with certification rules throughout the engineering lifecycle.
Plan and deliver assigned work to cost and schedule to meet customer and business needs
* The technical content of the work, including deliverables, is acceptable to the customer and utilises the most efficient engineering methods available.
* Ensure all work is compatible with the departmental quality policy and that departmental procedures are followed
* Ensure effective interactions and communications with customers, suppliers and others, to promote the best interests of the group, department and company
* Actively contribute to self-development, and team understanding and expertise, to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Candidates should have a good degree (or equivalent) in Aeronautical Engineering or related STEM subjects with Aerodynamics content and several years of experience of applying this knowledge in an industrial context.
* Consideration will be given to good candidates with a degree in STEM subjects particularly Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical engineering, or Maths, or Physics.
* Excellent Matlab & programming experience
* Excellent Microsoft office suite skills- Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project,
* Personal skills - Communication, Team Working, Motivation, essential
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.