- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our leading global shipbuilding company are currently responsible for the build of the new fleet of vessels for the Royal Canadian Navy. The team are looking for an experienced Procurement Specialist to join their team.
As a Procurement Specialist you will be providing industrial expertise and operational capabilities to the current project.
- You will be required to provide supplier management by developing and improving on the supplier quality, cost and delivery performance and delivering POs for material.
- Contract negotiatioting and making long term agreements.
- Executing contracts through Irving's ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) & MRP (Material Resource Planning) systems.
- Analyse current and future market conditions.
- Implement category sourcing strategies.
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Business or an equivalent experience.
- 3+ years' work experience in supply chain, preferably in the shipbuilding industry.
- A procurement accreditation would be an asset (SCMP, ISM)
Our client offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental and vision.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.