- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Commodity Category Manager
Based in the beautiful maritime city of Halifax, Canada, our global shipbuilding Client are building the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy. The Supply Chain & Procurement team are growing and looking for a Commodity Category Manager.
The Commodity Category Manager will be responsble for devising appropriate contracting strategies and agreements for programme delivery and management.
- Influence the business relationships that we have with the category of suppliers
- Execute the business objectives by working proactively with team and peer groups
- Develop a contracting and relationship strategy with suppliers including RFx solicitation documentation
- Devise neccessary contracting strategies for program delivery and management of business risk
- Build and maintain a high performing relationship at all levels between the business and the major suppliers
- Continually seek and implement improvement opportunities within the scope of the supplier relationships
- Compliance with all applicable legislation including health and safety
- Build an environment that ensures people follow sound and ethical business practices
- Build a culture of team engagement in "finding a better way every day", based on internal innovation and external best practices
- Lead change initiatives that will last, and effectively build employee buy in; motivate and inspire others in change
- Anticipate risk and ensure it is managed; proactively ensure implementation of solutions to potential problems
- Apply strategic insight into business measures and competitive and industry practices to build/maintain market leadership position
- Apply sound knowledge of the business/industry in making decisions and formulating strategies
- Build culture where meeting customers' expectations is a top priority
- Set direction to ensure appropriate balance between meeting customer needs and business needs
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of the organization; reinforce an environment of open and respectful expression
- Engage in active listening, deliver effective feedback, and incorporate input appropriately into decisions
- Ensure people plans are in place to build capability for current and future business needs; is self-aware and builds personal capability
- Experience in the Supply Chain field in a similar role in manufacturing, construction or assembly is essential.
- Experience in a leadership capacity is required.
- Experience working with multi-million dollar contracts requiring exacting standards, and tight constraints in the sourcing strategy.
- A background in raw, and semi-finished materials sourcing, from a global supply chain would be an advantage.
- Proven track record in developing high performing category strategies that delivered sustainability, and value for money in a high complexity, high value, low volume production organisations.
- Demonstrable background in exploiting technology solutions to deliver best in class procurement solutions.
- Good analysis and presentation abilities, able to communicate across organisational levels
- Professional expertise and leadership, with strong attention to detail
Send your CV to Louise.Lees@matchtech.com for more information
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.