- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Procurement Category Manager
Our leading shipbuilding company are building the new fleet of ships for the Royal Canadian Navy - based in Halifax, on the East Coast of Canada, they're looking for a Procurement Category Manager to join them. Could you be that person?
The Procurement Category Manager will work as part of the Supply Chain Management team responsible for developing and executing the category strategy for the new build program. You will be responsible for the shaping of the category strategy, and design and development of your team in support of complex shipbuilding programs for the Canadian Navy.
- Influence the business relationships with the category of suppliers
- Execute the business objectives by working proactively with team and peer groups
- Develop a contracting and relationship strategy with suppliers including RFx solicitation documentation
- Devise appropriate contracting strategies and agreements for program delivery and management of business risk
- Build and maintain a high performing relationship at all levels between the business and the major sub-contractors
- Continually seek and implement improvement opportunities within the scope of the supplier relationships
- Compliance with all applicable legislation including health and safety
- Build an environment that ensures people follow sound and ethical business practices
- Build a culture of team engagement in "finding a better way every day", based on internal innovation and external best practices
- Lead change initiatives that will last, and effectively build employee buy in; motivate and inspire others in change
- Anticipate risk and ensure it is managed; proactively ensure implementation of solutions to potential problems
- Apply strategic insight into business measures and competitive and industry practices to build/maintain market leadership position
- Apply sound knowledge of the business/industry in making decisions and formulating strategies
- Build culture where meeting customers' expectations is a top priority
- Set direction to ensure appropriate balance between meeting customer needs and business needs
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of the organization; reinforce an environment of open and respectful expression
- Engage in active listening, deliver effective feedback, and incorporate input appropriately into decisions
- Ensure people plans are in place to build capability for current and future business needs; is self-aware and builds personal capability
- Reinforce an environment where planned results are always expected and performance is coached and managed appropriately
- Experience in the Supply Chain field including in a similar role in major equipment, defence or related industry
- Proven experience in a leadership capacity
- Experience working with long term multi-million dollar contracts involving complex risk management and high technology systems
- Proven track record in developing high performing category strategies that delivered sustainability, and value for money in a high complexity, high value, low volume production organisations.
- Demonstrable background in exploiting technology solutions to deliver best in class procurement solutions.
- Good analysis and presentation abilities, able to communicate across organisational levels
- Professional expertise and leadership, with strong attention to detail
Send your CV to Louise.Lees@matchtech.com for more information.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.