- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Engineer - Civils
Our client is an award winning, leading consultancy having specialised in the built environment for almost 60 years.
The company specialise in Civil & Structural Engineering; Transport Planning; Environmental Engineering; Infrastructure; Geotechnical; Conservation & Heritage and Principal Designer.
The team in Manchester are currently looking for a Project Engineer to join their Civils team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
* Working under the supervision of a Principal Engineer in the production of schematic/concept designs and calculations within defined project timescales
* Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
* Undertaking drainage and highway designs using WINDES Microdrainage, and Civils 3D (or other similar design packages).
* Production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawing information.
* Liaising with wider design team to ensure Curtins' design is fully co-ordinated.
* Developing relationships with clients and other professionals with the aim of identifying and securing new job opportunities.
In addition to work on traditional civil engineering design projects, there is also a requirement to undertake Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies, or other similar reports, letters and general correspondence associated with this work. This is likely also to include
liaison with Statutory Bodies such as Local Water Authorities, Environment Agency or Local Authority.
Other general roles and responsibilities include:
* Responsible for the analysis and design of drainage and highways, progressing to overall design.
* Ability to produce Civil 3D models and drawings using AutoDesk software.
* Importing of WINDES Microdrainage designs into Civil 3D
* Visiting sites and attending site meetings
* Involvement in internal project design meetings.
* Attend external design meetings with clients and other design team members.
* Prepare correspondence and reports.
* Must hold a degree in Structural/Civil Engineering (ideally 2:1) or equivalent experience.
* Holds or is working towards a professional qualification i.e. MICE/ AMICE or equivalent
* Must be IT literate with experience of infrastructure design software packages.
* Must be technically competent
Skills and Abilities:
* Determination to find solutions to problems
* Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with colleagues and clients
* Ability to develop client relationships
* Must hold a valid driving licence
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate eff
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.