- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Assistant Project Manager
Our client, a leadig supplier of products to the defence industry, are currently looking for an Assistant Project Manager to work for them on, what is likely to be, a long-term contract based out of their site in Bolton.
- Provide support to the Project Production Managers and Manufacturing Management Team to define, plan, direct and deliver the manufacturing projects/contracts against business plan targets through rigorous cost control and schedule adherence.
- Manage stakeholder interfaces including internal customers and ensure accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance.
- Planning, facilitating and providing support to the success of large-scale contracts throughout the product life cycle.
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with internal customers and key subcontractors.
- Ensuring accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance and interpreting requirements back to manufacturing.
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of contract risk and opportunity plans/budgets.
- Communicating consolidated project/programme requirements to a multi-disciplined team to safeguard deliveries.
- Playing a key role in tendering/bidding activities associated with the successful acquisition of future business.
Role Requirements (skills, training and qualifications):
- Experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation.
- Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
- A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions.
- Experience in the application of Project Management skills at assistant level in a relevant business environment.
Please note that in order to apply for this role you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.