- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Design Engineer
Our client, a leading Engineering company who develop innovative products for the healthcare industry, are looking for a talented Design Engineer to work at our clients Oxfordshire site.
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join one of our clients design engineering teams. You will join a multi-disciplinary group in our Engineering Department and will work to maintain their state of the art competence in design, technology and manufacturing processes.
Our client offer a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally.
You will be involved in the design process from conception of a new product, working on the first version of a new design. This role will suit you if you enjoy being creative, innovative and working on an overall system concept.
You will be able to use CAD/CAE systems, combined with a working knowledge of the product to enable both the improvement of existing products, and the design of new ones.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Product concept design and realisation
- Generation of innovative design solutions to ensure competitive product performance
- Creation of manufacturing information to agreed standards.
- Creation of models suitable for FE analysis and potentially conducting analysis
- Creating and maintaining BOM structures and product configuration
- Evaluation of manufacturing technical issues to enable reliable product performance to be achieved.
- Define, review and ensure compliance of, internal and external technical standards including design standards and purchasing specifications.
Your qualifications and experience:
- You will be degree qualified, or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Experience with Siemens NX and Teamcenter is preferred, but training to convert from other systems will be provided, where required.
- You will have a proven track record of innovative design
Your personality and skills:
- You must be able to work both independently on assigned problems, and also as a member of a product development team.
Preferred skills include;
- Experience of Finite element analysis
- Understanding of design for manufacture
- BOM management and configuration control
- Parameterised modelling
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.