- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for up to three Civil Engineers (1 Structures, 1 Highways, 1 General) to support Senior Engineers in undertaking civil engineering design, maintenance and procurement on projects relating to the highway infrastructure.
- To support the Team Leader/Project Manager or where appropriate take responsibility for the preparation of design, calculations, drawings, contract documentation, estimates, reports, surveys for assigned projects and undertake such other duties as are allocated.
- Using your engineering knowledge undertake design activities from feasibility studies to detailed design and procurement. To identify problems and the constraints of a site, and in consideration of the aims and objectives of a project develop bespoke design solutions and using your engineering judgement make recommendations based on your conclusions.
- Actively monitor and supervise assigned schemes to deliver on time and to budget.
- Be responsible for supervising assigned Senior Engineering Technicians, Civil Engineering Apprentices and/or Student Placements e.g. to ensure effective project delivery and support professional development.
- To act as Supervisor and monitor the technical control of construction of works and supporting the Project Manager and/or Project Manager's Representative on and under any Contract(s). To include the measurement of works and prepare accounts for interim and final accounts. Check that works are carried out in accordance with the contract and specification. Supervise and check works undertaken by approved contractors.
- Participating in any training and development activities in order to maintain own professional development or to enhance competence within job role. E.g. attending courses to be able to specialise and take the lead in a specific area (Bridge Maintenance, Road and Bridge Design, Road Safety Auditing etc…)
- Researching best practice, keeping up-to-date with new construction policies and legislation.
- To liaise with other agencies, statutory undertakers and stakeholders on behalf of the County Council and other clients
- To incorporate ecological and biodiversity matters into design and construction processes.
- Undertake public engagement and marketing strategies to ensure the best possible service is delivered to the public. Interact with members of the public, either negotiations in relation to scheme design or in dealing with enquiries and complaints relating to the work you are involved with.
- Welsh Competency Level - I can, or am prepared to learn within a reasonable time period, how to pronounce Welsh personal and place-names correctly, and I can give and respond to basic greetings on the telephone or in person.
- There is no DBS Check requirement for this position.
- To address health and safety policies and arrangements in a proactive manner to ensure that a high standard of safe working practices are maintained.
- To actively support and implement the principles and practice of equality of opportunity as laid down in the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.