- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil Engineer (Structures)
Under the direction of the Principal Engineer act as Team Leader for civil engineering projects and provide input to projects through feasibility, detailed design and construction management stages to meet the objectives of the clients needs.
- To take responsibility for projects, acting as Team Leader within the Group with prime responsibility for design calculations, contract drawings and documentation, estimates and reports on projects and supervising construction works when required.
- Using your engineering knowledge undertake design activities from feasibility studies to detailed design and procurement. To identify problems and the constraints of a site, and in consideration of the aims and objectives of a project develop bespoke design solutions and using your engineering judgement make recommendations based on your conclusions.
- To manage assigned schemes to deliver to time and to budget.
- To oversee administrative, supervision and technical control of construction of works in the role of Project Manager's Representative undertaking most duties delegated by the Project Manager on and under any Contract(s).
- Continue your own professional development and provide professional advice, guidance and support with on-the-job training to all staff and promote continual development.
- Researching best practice, keeping up-to-date with new construction policies and legislation.
- To liaise with other agencies, statutory undertakers and stakeholders on behalf of the County Council and other clients.
- Ensure the best possible service is delivered to the public. Interact with members of the public, either negotiations in relation to scheme design or in dealing with enquiries and complaints relating to the work you are involved with.
- To ensure that PCC commitments to ecological and biodiversity matters are incorporated into design and construction processes.
- To deputise for and advise the Principal Engineer.
- Welsh Competency Level 1 - I can, or am prepared to learn within a reasonable time period, how to pronounce Welsh personal and place-names correctly, and I can give and respond to basic greetings on the telephone or in person.
- To be responsible for the development and implementation of health and safety principles and practice as laid down in the Council's Health and Safety Policies and arrangements.
- To be responsible for implementation of equal opportunities principles and practice as laid down in the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy.
- There is no DBS Check requirement for this position.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.