- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Engineering Technician
Our client is looking for a Senior Engineering Technician to assist with the delivery of civil engineering projects in order to maintain and improve highway and property infrastructure as assigned by the Principal or Senior Civil Engineer
- Under the direction of a Team Leader/Project Manager, where appropriate take responsibility for the preparation of design, calculations, drawings, contract documentation, estimates, reports, surveys, for assigned projects and undertake such other duties as are allocated.
- Provide advice and support using your knowledge and skills in the development of bespoke design solutions. Utilise your knowledge and skills in the development of bespoke engineering design solution, during both the design period and on site works. To include identification of site problems & constraints, ecological & biodiversity considerations.
- Programme and prioritise your workload and contribute to the development scheme forward planning to meet deadlines for delivery.
- Directing assigned Civil Engineering Apprentices and/or Student Placements to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Actively monitor and oversee assigned schemes to deliver on time and to budget.
- To act as Supervisor and monitor the technical control of construction of works and supporting the Project Manager and/or Project Manager's Representative on and under any Contract(s). To include the measurement works and preparation of valuations for interim and final accounts. Check and approve that contractors carry out works in accordance with the contract and specification.
- Researching best practice, keeping up-to-date with new construction policies and legislation.
- To liaise with other agencies, statutory undertakers and stakeholders on behalf of the County Council and other clients
- Participating in any training and development activities in order to maintain own professional development or to enhance competence within job role.
- Provide support for, attend and participate in public engagements and marketing strategies to ensure the best possible service is delivered to the public. Interact with members of the public and deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the work you are involved with.
- Welsh Competency - I can, or am prepared to learn within a reasonable time period, how to pronounce Welsh personal and place-names correctly, and I can give and respond to basic greetings on the telephone or in person.
- To address health and safety policies and arrangements in a proactive manner to ensure that a high standard of safe working practices are maintained.
- To actively support and implement the principles and practice of equality of opportunity as laid down in the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy.
- There is no DBS Check requirement for this position.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.