- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for up to three Engineering Technicians to support the delivery of civil/structural engineering projects, in order to maintain and improve the highway and property infrastructure.
To fully participate in the training process required for the role and to develop the skills required to successfully engage in a range of engineering design service functions.
- Under the direction of a project lead, assist with and where appropriate take responsibility for inspections, designs, calculations, drawings, contract documentation, estimates, reports, surveys, for assigned projects and undertake such other duties as are allocated.
- Provide support using your knowledge and skills in the development of bespoke design solutions. Utilise your knowledge and skills in the development of bespoke engineering design solutions, during both the design period and on site works. To include identification of site problems & constraints, ecological & biodiversity considerations.
- Programme and prioritise your workload and support the development of scheme forward planning to meet delivery deadlines.
- To work with assigned Civil Engineering Apprentices, Trainees and/or Student Placements to assist with efficient project delivery.
- Support the Project Manager / Project Manager's Representative upon any Contract(s). To include the measurement of works and preparation of valuations for interim and/or final accounts. Monitor contractors so works are carried out works in accordance with the contract and specification.
- Keep up-to-date with new construction policies and legislation.
- To liaise with other agencies, statutory undertakers and stakeholders on behalf of the County Council and other clients
- Participate in any training and development activities in order to maintain own professional development or to enhance competence within job role.
- Provide support for, attend and participate in public engagements and marketing strategies. Interact with members of the public and deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the work you are involved with.
- Welsh Competency Level - I can, or am prepared to learn within a reasonable time period, how to pronounce Welsh personal and place-names correctly, and I can give and respond to basic greetings on the telephone or in person.
- To address health and safety policies and arrangements in a proactive manner to ensure that a high standard of safe working practices are maintained.
- To actively support and implement the principles and practice of equality of opportunity as laid down in the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy.
- There is no DBS Check requirement for this position.
FULL JD IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.