- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, an expert in outsourced engineering and technology support solutions, are currently looking for a Junior Project Engineer to join their growing team based out of their offices in Whiteley near Fareham, Hampshire.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Project Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to engineering teams across a multitude of projects for a number of blue-chip engineering clients, mainly within the Aerospace & Defence sectors.
Although this would be a contract paid by the hour, our client are looking to offer the annual equivalent of £30-40k, depending on experience; and although this would be an initial 6 month contract, it is highly likely to be extended well into 2020 or possibly lead to permanent work in the future.
Standard working week is 40 hours (Monday to Friday lunchtime), however as it is paid by the hour any overtime is paid.
- Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, undertaking engineering activities and preparing technical reports for client base across a range of engineering disciplines incluidng Aerospace, Defence and Automotive.
- Preparing, coordinating and monitoring multiple engineering projects, based on or off-site, simultaneously.
- Coordination with the other internal disciplines, clients and vendors. This will include supporting the Project Management office with cost/performance data for current projects and providing technical expertise for the development of bids for prospective future projects.
- Organise and attend project review meetings, liaising with engineering and project management personnel to generate useful data and presenting to colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Be responsible for the creation of technical bids and proposals, support negotiation of technical aspects and provide support to other departments within the Gattaca Group.
- Ideally educated to a BEng within a suitable dicispline, i.e. Aerospace Engineeing, Mechanical Engineering, etc. However if no degree is held alternative educational background will be considered as long as the candidate has proven experience working within an Engineering function.
- Strong technical/engineering ability and a keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of CAD (CATIA v5 or SolidWorks) and Patran/Nastran FEA techniques would be beneficial.
- Competent MS Office skills including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Possess an interest in both technical and commercial aspects of working on engineering projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and judgment required for dealing with both internal and client relationships to develop strong working relations.
- Strong organisational skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience with bid writing, technical report writing and cost estimation would be highly desirable but not essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.