- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
NEC3 Project Manager
Our client is looking for a NEC3 Project Manager to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is INSIDE IR35 (PAYE or via Umbrella Company)
- To carry out all duties of NEC3 Project Manager as delegated by the client.
- Manage and direct a team of Site Supervisors and other staff to ensure the successful delivery of a complex major civil engineering highways construction project
- Represent local authority as the NEC3 Project Manager.
- To ensure that projects are implemented and constructed within published programmes, budgets and to the specifications and standards stated in the contract documents.
- Site supervision of Works, ensuring compliance with Contract Documents and safe working practice in accord with H&S and CDM Regulations.
- Issue instructions and make instant decisions for Contractors that can directly affect costs & safety.
- Identify and manage risks on-site to ensure safe passage of public and workforce through site areas, often in congested urban localities.
- Produce detailed progress records for retention in accordance with organisational procedures.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Qualifications - relevant construction related Degree/Chartered Engineer status/significant experience.
- Ability to make instant decisions, without direct supervision or referral.
- Experience of Claims negotiation and settlement of accounts.
- Operate without direct supervision.
- Ability to complete projects to a high standard, within programme and budget.
- Having gained support and respect of site staff and local community.
- Achieve long term, low-cost maintenance of completed construction schemes.
- Agreeing final accounts promptly after completion of scheme.
- Ability to manage and supervise large value projects undertaken by national and regional Contractors, often in partnership with external authorities, be respected by the workforce and contractors' senior representatives.
- Generate new opportunities through effective partnering with established Contractors.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, approachable, key team player.
- Ability to prioritise and cope with work pressure generated by an ever-changing construction environment.
- Computer skills with experience of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Outlook and CAD software.
- Significant construction design office experience.
- Significant demonstrated experience in Contract Supervision, Design of Highway and Structural projects, detailed knowledge of ECC NEC Conditions of Contract and Methods of Measurement.
- Working conditions / environment:
- Mainly site environment - some physical effort or strain
- Working at live highways and construction sites
- Working in confined spaces, lone working, restrictive working, aggressive feedback from general public
- Occasional out of hours working
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- Working hours:
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
- The rate is dependent on candidate experience
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.