- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Scheduler L2 - Barrow
The Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), was formed April 2017 from the Submarine Operating Centre within the MOD's Defence Equipment & Support organisation. As of April 2018, The Ministry of Defence will employ 1,200 qualified professionals.
SDA are looking for a Scheduler based out in Barrow-In-Furness working Directly on a Submarine site.
Working for the Principal Naval Overseers organisation who provide independent product acceptance and assurance of submarines in build, your role will be to supervise the schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, and recovery plan development activities. Responsible for scheduling activities for large projects; or major projects with significant non-routine requirements; or discipline/project/proposal estimating or staff planning activities that require a high degree of technical skill and experience. Supports/performs project organizational and administrative activities. Demonstrated skill in identifying, analysing, and providing innovative solutions to planning and scheduling problems. Provides generally non-routine scheduling guidance to projects. This role will typically lead Planning and Scheduling activities for a Cat C/D project.
Your job duties will include but not limited to:
- Scope and create suitable project plans capturing the key activates and deliverables necessary to complete the project.
- Facilitate and maintain the ongoing management of the project plan and create integrated plans.
- Create different schedules at different hierarchal levels by consolidating schedules and creating Integrated Master Schedules, and identify and report the Critical Path.
- Support the capture of baseline schedules and help to recalculate the remaining work.
- Monitor actual progress: once there is a baseline, ensure that any movement to this is subject to formal change control and, once changes are approved, that the project manager updates and incorporates the change and reports progress based on this.
- Monitor resource levels against achievement to advise on resource levelling and identify potential over or under estimating for work effort within the plan.
- Attend management, project team and customer meetings as requested by the project manager to ensure that schedules are being maintained and updated as required, according to standards.
The post will be primarily based out in Barrow however some travelling may be required for training.
You may also be required to act as an Function Development Officer (FDO)
Examples of knowledge required include the following:
- Knowledge of creating a suitable project plan to deliver the required outputs, products, and activities.
- An understanding of the concepts of Schedule Management.
- An understanding of different methods and techniques for task identification.
- Experience in how to identify, categorise, describe, evaluate and prioritise tasks.
- Sufficient knowledge/experience to represent the role's team at internal meetings or workshops on a range of topics.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6 or Enterprise Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Experience using Primavera P6
- APMP qualification
People skills include the following:
- Strong teamwork and customer service ethic.
- Strong negotiator, persuasive and able to influence others.
- Ability to brief senior management on Schedule Management and address subsequent questions.
- Ability to influence and communicate with SMEs to reach agreement on Schedule Management.
- Ability to influence and communicate with resource owners at various levels within the organisation to secure resource to inform the Schedule Management process.
If you are interested, feel free to contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.