- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Our leading defence client are currently in the process of Mechanical (Hull & Structure) Design of the new Nuclear Submarine for the UK named Dreadnought.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - 6+ Months Contract - Barrow
£45ph LTD (Other Pay Methods Available)
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. You must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
Dreadnought is a long-term project based out of Barrow to design and build the UKs next generation of Nuclear Submarine. This work is once is a once in a generation opportunity to work in an innovative and interesting manufacturing engineering role, working daily on solutions to problems potentially never seen before. Although initially a 6-month contract, the work shall be continuing for into the future, and this is likely to be extended until completion.
A knowledgeable and experienced Manufacturing Engineer is required, who will be responsible for identifying and analysing the root cause of technically complex Engineering problems, enabling them to generate and implement cost effective solutions through the effective use of innovative thinking and interfacing with other disciplines. This role will effectively prevent and resolve Operational build issues thus enabling achievement of delivery targets. The role will also generate and issue Ops data (e.g. Manufacturing Instructions etc.) from engineering information in line with Project timescales.
- Responsible for converting the Engineering Design intent into Manufacturing Engineering data (sometimes complex) for Operations use.
- Responsible for managing and developing staff in-line with appropriate performance management techniques and processes.
- Responsible for identifying own development opportunities.
- Where appropriate, checks and approves the Teams' work ready for release to Operations.
- Contribute to the management of the Quality and SH&E Systems, for Manufacturing Engineering processes and documentation e.g. Calling up safe methods of working etc.
- Build effective internal and cross-functional relationships in order to achieve overall Project requirements.
- Assist in the deployment of the training & risk assessments associated with their Manufacturing Engineering sub-discipline.
- Support justifications/business cases that seek to improve business performance, and thus provide optimised return on capital investment
- Assure product and process quality as determined by company processes. Develop and test new systems when the need arises.
- Provide decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Agree and prioritise with the customer, emergent work affecting submarine manufacture, fabrication or construction. In doing so, they must be able to manage the allocated projects and sub-projects from conception, through to completion with full stakeholder engagement and agreement.
- Act as a project focal point for discipline specific tasks ensuring best practices are adopted and embedded. This may involve developing processes within their sub-discipline by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing development methods and equipment by conferring with field specialists and technologists.
- Lead, develop, and motivate any reporting and assigned staff through good communications, open and honest management techniques, in keeping with the Company values, policies, & procedures
- Experience in defining and managing KPIs, performing RCA, reporting on countermeasures, and leading a team.
- Foundation Degree/ HNC or equivalent, plus substantial Manufacturing Engineering role experience.
- Professional knowledge of Engineering standards and SHE regulations.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.