- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
BAE Systems are currently seeking experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineers to work on their Dreadnought Submarine project based out of their Barrow base.
Senior Manufacturing Engineers - Barrow- £45ph Ltd (Other Payment Methods Available)
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore, we can only consider British Nationals for this role and cannot consider those who hold a Dual Nationality. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
BAE Systems are currently part of the design and build of the new Dreadnought Submarines, which are the new Trident carrier system, and are nuclear powered. This project requires Senior Manufacturing Engineers in three specific areas of the business. To be successful in applying for this role, elements of the specification you wish to apply for must clearly be visible on your CV as they are essential in securing an interview.
Some roles require the individual to be onsite for work, whereas some roles require working from home and onsite.
See below for the specifics of each role available at each business area, there are a number of requirements in each.
NAS (New Assembly Shop)
The NAS requires Senior Manufacturing Engineers with the following experience:
- Build Planning/ Steel Planning including Build Line Support, and the ability to create routings.
- SAP or Plasma.
A background including Operations or Production Engineering could be useful. For example, work with Welding, Fabrication, Materials or Steelworks.
Pipeshop/ Strategic Machine Shop
This requires experience in:
- Production Engineering or Mechanical Engineering background.
- Build Planning.
- The ability to create manufacturing instructions and design outputs.
- CAD (Solidworks) - being able to use it and not having experience in a work environment is sufficient. Such as a HNC module or personal training.
Central Yard Complex (CYC)
The roles within the newly built CYC require the following experience:
- Build Strategy and using a PON System.
- Team Centre: Being able to work with the building of structures. This includes working with part numbers. Using Team Centre to operate the Change Management Process, including consuming designers work into other areas of the business and your own.
- Being a problem solver: Being able to identify or be given a problem, then sketch out the solution, and take that sketch into prototype, build and installation.
- A Jig & Tool background could be beneficial or a background in Product Engineering.
- Change Control.
BAE Systems also seek a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to work within the CYC with Digital Manufacturing Process. It requires someone with the experience and the ability to competently model within BuildIT CAD, and there are two positions for this specific role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.