- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Engineer - Signatures (URN)
Senior Engineer (URN) - Barrow - 6 months - £44.25ph LTD. PAYE rates available on request
To provide design guidance and implement design features in the Type 26 design to ensure that the ship's Underwater Radiated Noise (URN) signature targets will be achieved. Work to providing advice and requirements to design engineers, compartment owner's platform operations and supply chain.
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities:
- Participate fully in developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
- Carry out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Act as the main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
- Support the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids.
Key Mental/Analytical Skills and Challenges
- Ensure effective application of process in assigned areas, including supporting the design, modifications and improvements to processes in accordance with relevant standards, best practice and developing needs
- Interprets requirements from contract or other documentation producing specifications and/or instructions. Delivers cost effective data to budget and programme.
- 5 Years' experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
- Good working experiences in more than one phase of the LCM, with sufficient experience of the total LCM to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues
- Typically degree qualified (not essential), likely to be in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
Meet the requirements for registration As Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a re
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.