- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Control Software Systems Engineer - Motorsport
Control Systems Software Engineer with autocode generation, and C/C++ hand coding, required for F1 company. In this exciting and varied role you will be developing on board Control Software for Energy Storage Systems.
We are seeking a hands-on Controls Systems Engineer to join the Systems Engineering team. The purpose of the role is to develop the on-board control software for the ESS battery and other systems supporting our Formula 1 programme, in order to ensure that performance and reliability targets are met. The Control Systems Engineer will actively contribute towards updating embedded ESS software, simulation study and architecture to software development and verification including all the necessary tools, equipment and process, and they will take technical direction from senior members of the team where required.
- ESS embedded software development, under the supervision of senior team members where required
- Software development for test equipment and experiments
- Test and validation software process
- Documentation and software releasing
- Fault diagnosis and factory-based support of trackside activities
- Tools for supporting simulation, trackside, and test activities
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The role would suit an engineer who enjoys working in a small, but passionate and supportive team of highly motivated individuals, focused on achieving high quality results in strict-deadline and strict-regulation setting. Previous track record as an accomplished team contributor and high levels of motivation are expected from the successful candidate.
- Hands-on experience of working on embedded systems projects, within a fast-paced setting (ideally within F1/aerospace/robotic/prototyping, however other technology branches will be considered)
- Experience in using MAT LAB, Simulink, and Stateflow for embedded code generation is essential
- Some experience in C/C++ embedded programming best practices and tools
- Experience in the application of best practice software process and tools
- Understanding of embedded architectures and communication protocols
- Understanding of simple software development toolchain
- Fluency in spoken & written English.
- Full driving license and competence to drive in the UK
- PC literate
- Experience in Motor control and knowledge
- BMS Control System, Atlas, Can/Flexray
- Effective problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment with high level of attention to detail
- Team player who respects and is able to work effectively with different culture working approaches
- High level of personal resilience in order to deal with tight deadlines and rapidly changing priorities
- Strong planning, organisation and prioritising skills in order to deliver tasks within short deadlines
- Excellent communication and technical skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Enjoy cross cultural working environment
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.