- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Aviation Safety Engineer
I am currently recruiting for a Safety Engineer for our client who produce an award winning mission system for military customers. The role will be based on site in Lincoln and is due to continued growth.
Working directly for the Safety Lead the main duties of the role will include:
- Conducting safety and security-risk analysis on Company-designed mission support systems, including Mission Planning Systems and tablet-based obstacle warning, navigation and Electronic Flight Bag products
- Producing System Safety Analysis Reports and Safety Assessment Report
- Producing System Security Analysis Reports and Risk Management and Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS)
- Supporting the on-going maintenance, control and configuration management of all documentation and records relating to the Mission Systems' Safety Management System
- Assisting with non-safety engineering tasks including the development of product security-related deliverables, configuration and testing of production systems and assisting Field Support Representatives
- Assisting project support teams through troubleshooting system issues
- Undertaking department project activities
- Supporting Mission Systems goals and activities.
You must be motivated by the challenge of analysing complex systems in order to identify and control risks in these areas. The successful candidate will be a proactive, flexible and confident individual with excellent attention to detail and the discipline to consistently produce high-quality output whilst committing to the principles of developing high-quality systems to specific standards. As a member of a small highly skilled team, the responsibilities of the role will necessarily be broad and varied and you should be prepared to assume a comprehensive range of responsibilities. Capable of working with only minimal supervision, you will contribute your own suggestions and ideas. With a 'can do' attitude, you will be required to take a flexible, constructive and timely approach to meeting the diverse needs of the Company's business. You will also have an inquisitive/analytical mind, able to research issues independently and suggest pragmatic, business-focused solutions. We are also looking for candidates to demonstrate a desire to develop professionally within our growing business.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in an engineering subject (Safety Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering or numerate discipline)
- Evidence of related engineering experience.
- Up-to-date knowledge of UK safety legislation
- Knowledge and experience of MAA Regulatory Publications
- Knowledge and experience of working to the requirements of Def Stan 00-056 and Mil-Std 882C standards
- Knowledge and experience of demonstrating functional safety
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Safety and Environmental Engineering techniques:
- Safety Argument development using Goal-Structuring Notation (GSN) or Claims-Argument-Evidence (CAE)
- Functional Failure Analysis (FFA); Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)/ Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Experience in demonstrating functional safety within software intensive systems and associated standards (e.g. RTCA/DO-178B, RTCA/DO-200A (ED-76), IEC 61508)
- Knowledge and experience in Hazard Log development and management using appropriate support applications such as DOORS
- Knowledge and experience of producing System Safety Assessment Reports using appropriate support applications such as Adelard ASCE
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.