- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Firmware Engineer
Are you a Firmware Engineer looking to take the next step in your career, and interested in working with a leading Secure Communications Company?
This opportunity is for a Senior Firmware Engineer to join a growing multidisciplinary team working on the next generation of secure communication systems via satellite. It is a fantastic opportunity to join the business at an exciting time of expansion, with multiple digital hardware projects on the horizon.
- Responsible for the design, development and test of digital design solutions using FPGAs/microprocessors.
- Working across the product life cycle from analysing requirements to integration & test.
- Leading development activities and providing technical direction to a small team of engineers.
- Remaining hands-on with the firmware/FPGA design.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Electronics Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience working across the full development life-cycle.
- Background in firmware/FPGA design.
- Knowledge of VHDL for FPGA design and simulation (Modelsim).
- Familiarity with the systems life cycle, including requirements and systems design.
- Experience leading/mentoring engineers.
- Design for Security/Encryption technologies
- Experience using Microsemi, Xilinx or Altera
- Knowledge of Verilog/System Verilog
- Requirements analysis, capture and management in DOORS
- Experience working with PCIe NVME
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be capable of obtaining security clearance to work on UK Government projects.
If you would like to know more about the position, please get in touch:
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.