- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Head of Assurance
My client, a nuclear company based in Abingdon are looking for a Head of Assurance to join their team as part of a job share role.
* To develop, implement and lead a risk based Corporate Assurance Strategy aligned to UKAEA Mission and Goals that meets BEIS and legal requirements and drives continual improvement.
* To provide technical knowledge, expertise, assurance and advice to the CEO, UKAEA Board and Management on the application of and compliance with the Integrated Management System (QSHE), legislation and best practice.
* To develop, implement and oversee an enterprise Risk Management Framework for the Business which ensures robust identification, assessment and mitigation of risks.
* To lead the Business (and Assurance Division) in developing a strong and proactive culture throughout the organisation.
* To oversee governance of Business Resilience arrangements.
* Develop and implement an Assurance Strategy, operating model and plan that enables continual improvement, development of a proactive culture and aligns with the Business Strategy, standards and legislation;
* Provide oversight and reporting of Assurance matters to the Board and the Executive Committee;
* Monitor and evaluate management controls and review processes to enable the business and its management to continually improve performance in relation to QSHE and business risk;
* Maintain a Corporate Risk Management Framework for the Business which ensures robust identification, assessment and mitigation of risks and report status to the Executive Committee and Board. Embed risk management as an integral part of business planning;
* Ensure the provision of a certified Integrated Management System that promotes continual improvement in QSHE performance and enables risk to be minimised;
* Provide oversight of Assurance matters via Programme and Major Project Boards, challenging performance as appropriate;
* Provide strong visible leadership and governance to the organisation in Assurance matters in accordance with legislation, standards and best practice;
* Champion change, providing guidance / support on interventions and tools and act as a role model;
* Provide strategic advice on Security and Business Continuity arrangements;
* Ensure the provision of education / training / awareness /other interventions using best practice techniques to all levels of the business in order to promote and sustain a proactive culture;
* Manage, coach and lead the Assurance Team, ensuring that the organisational structure and technical and behavioural competencies are aligned in order to deliver optimised service to the business;
* Collaborate with stakeholders, the business and partners, assisting them to integrate good governance practice into existing business mechanisms and processes, at both strategic and operational levels;
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.