- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Traffic Signal Engineer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Traffic Signal Engineer to join their Living Places business unit in Southampton.
What you'll be doing
As a Traffic Signal Engineer , you will:
- Assist the ITS Team leader in the construction of traffic signal design drawings for various transportation schemes including the commissioning and subsequent validation;
- Assist with the implementation and operation of Bus priority and other ITS elements;
- Ensure that effective maintenance of all the traffic signal equipment and associated equipment is achieved in accordance to the KPI of the ROMTV contract;
- Produce traffic signal models and undertake traffic signal designs;
- Manage the network effectively and assist in the management and co ordination of works on the highway;
- Liaise with customers, and sub-contractors to ensure positive relations are maintained and their observations and comments are taken into account to the benefit of the contract;
- Ensure that all business documentation is completed fully and filed accordingly, and that reporting deadlines are adhered to;
- Prioritise workload to ensure compliance with legal requirements in response to permit applications are met;
- Communicate with a range of different stakeholders;
- Undertake personal training and development as required in order to continue to develop own skill, knowledge and competence.
Who we're looking for
The following experience and qualifications are essential:-
- GCSE grades C or above in Maths, English and Science.
The following experience and qualifications are desirable:-
- 3 A levels C and above;
- Proven understanding of traffic signal principles;
- Proficient with CAD to produce Designs;
- Proven FAT and SAT Experience;
- MOVA/SCOOT Validation would be benifical;
- Good communications skills;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office software;
- Proficient in problem solving.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.