- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Due to an increasing workload, our client, one of the joint ventures for the HS2 Enabling Works are looking for an additional Environmental Advisor to join their team based in Aylesbury.
Summary of role
The Environmental Advisor will provide subject matter expertise, ensuring the continuous improvement of environmental performance. The Environmental Advisor works as part of a large environmental team and reports directly into the Sector Senior Environmental Advisor. They work closely with the HS2 environment team and joint venture sector and work package teams to ensure compliance with HS2's Environmental Minimum Requirements (EMRs), Technical Standards, Environmental Management Plan and related plans and processes, legal and contractual compliance.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Direct environmental support to sector and work package management in assuring the delivery of the environmental aspect work packages.
- Assist the Environment leads to monitor, review and improve performance across the joint venture in line with our ISO 14001 certified EMS and HS2 requirements.
- Deliver advice and guidance to minimise environmental risk to the project.
- Engage with the supply chain to ensure understanding of and compliance with HS2's environmental requirements including assisting in the delivery of training.
- Review supply chain deliverables to ensure they are compliant with HS2 Requirements.
- Monitor monthly KPI data to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in the collation of sustainability evidence e.g. BREEAM credits and PAS 2080.
- Undertake inspections and investigations and support audits where required, reporting on, and implementing lessons learned and improvements to ensure compliance with EMRs and other requirements.
- Assist with the development and implementation of EMS documentation as required.
- Identify and promote best practice across the project and share lessons learnt.
- Represent the joint venture at occasional external meetings and public events and during external audits.
Qualifications, training and technical knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject matter.
- Associate IEMA member (or equivalent) and ideally working towards Practitioner status, PIEMA.
- Recognised internal auditing qualifications.
- Knowledge of ISO14001 Environmental Management System and its implementation.
- Thorough knowledge of HS2 Environmental Minimum Requirements (can be gained once in role)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.