- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Local Authority client in Lancashire are looking for an interim Building Surveyor for an initial 6 month contract, the ideal candidate will have worked on School Buildings for a LA. For more information please call Adam @ Matchtech on 01489 898881.
Provide a comprehensive Building Surveying role to the highest professional standards on all aspects of the Council's and School buildings.
To provide design and project management role and supervise day to day and minor work building contracts to clients.
To maintain and develop professional standards and provide technical advice as they relate to building construction and design throughout the Department's capital and maintenance programmes.
Provide project management and design service
- Provide the Group Property Manager, the Council and its Chief Officers with professional technical advice on all matters relating to design services and the condition of the Council's property as and when required.
- As Project Leader, provide design expertise on allocated projects.
- To execute the application of statutory and other controls, such as Planning and Building Regulations, with regard to contract administration and management.
- Ensure adherence to site standards and practices, including H&SWA, CDM Regulations etc.
- On a project by project basis, monitor fee income and expenditure, together with resources so as to ensure the efficient and effective execution of all work.
- Undertake project management and liaison work with external consultants when commissioned to assist internal consultancy on specific projects.
- Provide initial cost advice to clients and adjust the brief as required.
- Prepare tender reports for client approval.
Condition Surveying of Properties
- The post holder shall be required to carry out detailed condition surveys of existing Council and School properties or of properties the Council may wish to purchase or lease.
- The post holder shall be required to carry out Fire Risk Assessments and Accessibility Audits, and make recommendations for works to ensure buildings are safe and comply with all current standards and legalisation.
- Work closely and effectively with other Property Services teams and staff from other Divisions within the Department and Departments within the Council to ensure the provision of high quality and consistent services to the public and the Council.
- Manage or attend public meetings and represent the Council on external working groups, committees etc. As required, prepare reports and make presentations.
- Participate in inter-departmental and inter-agency projects.
- Consult and work with other members of staff on the development and implementation of initiatives and to ensure a co-ordinated service.
- Advise on the feasibility, viability and cost implications of proposals by clients and external parties in relation to and building or development of interest to the Council.
Responsibility for Resources
The post holder is responsible for the indirect management of financial resources and control of clients and department allocated budgets of between £700K and £1.2m per year for reactive maintenance and capital projects.
They are responsible for regularly monitoring the finances and project works through to completion and agreement of final accounts, justifying any approved additional expenditure or variations in the process of the works.
The post holder will be a signatory for the council in authorizing payment certificates, instructing of works through writing works orders and approving invoice payment.
In carrying their duties the post holder has personal responsibility for arranging appropriate equipment and PPE. This covers the use of different surveying measuring equipment such as densitometers, protimeters, borascopes, digital cameras, ladders and the use of vehicles. Suitable personal protective covering clothing, footwear, gloves, eye protection and dust masks may also be used in the process of carrying out duties .
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.