- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Project Manager
Our client is looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Project Manager to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is OUTSIDE IR35
- Ability to review evolving design drawings, 'take-off 'quantities and establish workable programme and site delivery methodology. (MS project skills required)
- Produce cost estimates based on market rates to support programme and methodology at various stages during the design process and keep client updated on financial forecasting.
- Produce Activity schedules and indicative programme for Inclusion in NEC Contract documentation.
- Liaison with design teams and provide input on buildability issues within evolving design
- Liaison with Stats Authorities and Stakeholders and provide input to design team to mitigate diversion requirements and provide value engineering solutions.
- Production and review of reports, specifications, and other documentation as necessary exhibiting good word and excel skills.
- Liaison with stakeholders and third parties, e.g. Highways England, stats
- Attendance at progress meetings, tracking progress and recording minutes/actions from meetings;
- Arranging (and attending as required) Public Share events
- Co-ordinate advance works with Strategic partners (Ringway, Telent, Skanska)
- Assisting the PM team with other duties as necessary
Qualifications / Experience:
- Computer skills with experience of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and CAD software
- Sound written and numeracy communication skills able to converse with engineering professionals and the like.
Working conditions / environment:
- Mainly office environment
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- Overtime occasionally available depending on workloads.
- £20.00 - £25.00 p/h LTD via own Limited company and Umbrella Provider (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.