- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal iBOM / PLM Engineer
There is an a contract position available for a Principal iBOM / PLM Engineer to join our client based in Glasgow. This role can also be based from Filton.
As a Principal PLM Engineer you will be a key contributor in integrating our processes, data, technology and people to deliver enhanced Product Lifecycle Management in a multi-product environment that includes the UK Royal Navy Type 26 and the recently awarded Australian Hunter Class programmes. As part of the PLM team, it is your innovative solutions that will be adopted by all future BAE Systems Naval Ships programmes.
Your role will be rewarding, offering the chance to have a real impact in shaping the Type 26, Hunter Class programmes and the transformation of the Naval Ships business.
Your main responsibilities as a Principal Engineer - PLM will be:
* Analysing and capturing business requirements to deliver Type 26 PLM enhancements through engagement with key stakeholders
* Ensuring the PLM approach satisfies relevant business functional stakeholders, such as engineering, production planning and manufacturing
* Defining and analysing stakeholder processes to support PLM enhancements
* Specifying requirements for our Product Data Management (PDM) system and ERP interface
* Promoting and benchmarking our world-class PLM approach, both internally and externally (focussed on benefits in improved quality, cost and schedule)
* Resolving information and process issues relating to design, production planning and manufacture
Your skills and qualifications:
* An in-depth understanding of PLM processes and capturing requirements
* Experience with improving the use of CAD/PLM/PDM/ERP toolsets e.g. PTC / Siemens toolsets (Windchill / TeamCenter), Aveva ERM etc.
* Understanding of product information management principles
* Experience with managing information in complex engineering and manufacturing environments
* Experience of product configuration management across multiple variants is preferable
What we're looking for in you:
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders. You will be able to use your initiative and prioritise your workload to ensure project delivery to set timescales and milestones.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.