- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
iBOM / PLM Engineer
There is a new opportunity for an iBOM / PLM Engineer to join Matchtech's key client on a contract basis.
The Type 26 programme relies on a backbone of data which is mastered in numerous toolsets and exchanged across the business through a wide range of processes and by all business function. The purpose of this role is to provide technical oversight of all automated data exchanges related to of Bill of Materials. This will include status reporting, issue resolution and continuous quality improvement. The Type 26 material budget measures in the billions of pounds, successful management of the Bill of Materials data is essential and this role will be directly responsible for ensuring data transfer processes are fit for purpose and followed by all stakeholders.
* Monitor all BOM data interfaces and co-ordinate with data consumers to ensure data is fit for purpose before use.
* Act as the main point of contact for data and process issues relating to the transfer of BOM data between systems.
* Work with the Data Quality team to provide status reporting on all data interfaces and identify key issues
* Engage with all stakeholders to ensure process adherence and robustness and ensure nominated data stewards are adequately trained.
* Work closely with IM&T to ensure interfaces are functioning correctly and data standards are documented
* Co-ordinate the effort of data stewards around BOM data and provide inputs to the Data Quality Board and Quality Review Board.
* Engage with iBOM development team to ensure new and existing technology aligns with data and process approach.
* Responsibility ensuring processes for transfer of Bill of Materials are effective and adhered to
* Responsibility for maintaining high levels of data integrity across business systems
* Responsibility for providing leadership and direction in solving data issues.
* Make technical decisions to clear issues and drive improvement into processes and capability
* Possesses in-depth knowledge of the data transfer between engineering business systems.
* Able to perform robust analysis using recognised analytical tools and to make sound judgements on data transfer.
* Has sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct decisions on approach and adherence to transfer process.
* Extensive knowledge of the use of CAD/PDM/ERP systems for complex engineering programmes
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.