- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Legislation Engineer
Southern Water are looking for an experience engineer to join their team as a principal legislation egnineer.
The Principal Legislation Engineer will be accountable for managing the legislation compliance framework to ensure that effective legislation management plans are in place to mitigate and control mechanical, electrical, instrumentation control and automation (MEICA) hazards and risks.
* Review and identify new or amended legislation to establish if any changes are required within the business e.g. investment plans, working practices, updating of controlled documents, training material etc.
* Define the legislation management audit plan to establish / sustain legislation compliance supported by internal and external procedures.
* Support delivery of the legislation management audit plan e.g. establish clear rules/criteria needed to achieve compliance, liaise with resources to ensure clarity of their responsibilities as either duty holder or subject matter expert, develop/highlight reports containing supporting data and information.
* Support the proactive review of asset maintenance strategies to ensure they are compliant with legislation and that maintenance tasks add value to deliver the required level of asset availability and safety.
* Proactively drive the components of the legislation compliance framework for mechanical and electrical safety.
* Provide assurance that the business is meeting its requirements under legislation by reporting compliance to the management teams, including confirmation that control measures (risk assessments, maintenance tasks etc.) are being completed and to a quality standard.
* Monitor asset legislation related risks contained with risk registers and the actions required to mitigate those risks.
Key skills / knowledge / qualifications / experience required for the role
* Sound analytical skills to review legislation compliance and supporting evidence, with excellent communication / presentation skills to convey results / findings.
* Proven knowledge of quality management systems and underpinning frameworks, ideally within the context of legislation management.
* Degree in science, engineering or numerate subject or similar demonstrated experience.
* IBOSH & NEBOSH qualified.
* Proven operational and asset management experience of water and wastewater infrastructure assets or other similar utilities, and specifically key legislative requirements for MEICA related assets.
Why work for Southern Water?
Our Operators, scientists, technicians, customer and corporate service teams work together to provide water and wastewater services to more than 4.6 million people across the South.
Working for us, you will:
- Play a vital role in your community
- Help to safeguard our natural resources for future generations
- Live and work in a region that includes more than 800km of pristine coastline
- Have the opportunity to join in with our social clubs / events
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.