- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client based from Chieveley are looking for a Highways Site Supervisor with a minimum of 1-2 years managing contracts on Highway frameworks.
- Responsible for the safe running of (allocated) sites and monitor the implementation and control of safe working procedures.
- Prepare, Implement, and Review risk assessments and method statements.
- Manage/liaise with Sub-Contractors as appropriate.
- Manage the Site QMF-06 Plant Register
- Report and manage all Vehicle Defects for the Contract in accordance with the Company policies and procedures
- Monitor freelance/temporary schemes staff.
- Liaise with Client, at the depot or on site.
- Conduct depot and site Inductions.
- Weekly Health & Safety & Environmental Inspections.
- Issue Works Order and Permits.
- Complete daily Site Diaries.
- Assist the Operations Manager with Programming and Resourcing all works for the Contracts operating from the Chieveley Depot.
- Organising and resourcing staff labour, plant and materials, so that the works progress effectively and economically. (Inclusive of Hot Costing)
- Minimising cost of works through correct programming and utilisation of labour, plant, materials and Sub-Contractors.
- Identify variations to the contract through work records and site measurements.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with the contract plan and procedures, with risk assessments and method statements.
- Organise/present as appropriate operatives Tool Box Talks - at least 2 per month.
- Monitoring and providing records of all items of work, including day works. Any additional works and delays must also be fully recorded and kept and submitted to the QS to substantiate payments.
- Checking drawings, site instructions, work orders and contract documents and reporting any anomalies or lack of information.
- Monitor the standard of work of all employees, supervisors and contractors.
- Taking off material for Procurement in accordance with the contract programme.
- Where applicable, checking materials delivered to site and reporting all non-conformities in accordance with VolkerHighways non-compliance procedures.
- Ensure that all registers for scaffolds, excavations, ladders, plant, lifting tackle and the operator's licence are correctly kept.
- Ensure that labour, plant and material castings are entered onto the computerised works management system on a daily basis.
- Assisting with the collection of measurement information to enable the works to be valued.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager or Operations Manager ensure that the operations are commercially viable.
- Ensure that depots/sites are maintained to standards in accordance with Waste Management Licences, Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Regulations and Leases.
- As and when directed, assist the Senior Site Management team.
- Ensure that all staff/labour are productive.
- Ensure that all staff/labour are treated fairly, motivated and well managed.
- Contribute to Winter Maintenance.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Site Management Plan and the Company's procedures.
- Go through timesheets and pass to QS.
- Works order processing
- Site measures
- Fire control
- First Aid
- Permits to Dig
- Vehicle Inspection Sheets
- SMART super-user and 'SMART Train the Trainer' Champion
- NRSWA - Supervisor
- Winter Maintenance Supervisor
- SMSTS (Preferred)
- CSCS Card
If this role is of interest then please send your details to Jack.Hargreaves@Matchtech.com to discuss.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.