- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal PLM Engineer
There is an opportunity for a Principal PLM Engineer to join at our client based in Scotstoun.
Co-ordinate and implement the Type-26 through life Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system, policy and supporting toolset. Assist in the development, deployment and 'policing' of configuration business rules commensurate with each lifecycle phase. Contribute in the co-ordination of product and process measurement, to ensure a fit for purpose solution and service is being delivered to the project team.
Take the lead in analysing local business process to develop procedures, Information Management Technology solutions (in the form of requirement specifications) & training that ensure the overall configuration of product information is maintained. In configuration management terms this includes involvement in Planning & Management, Identification & Breakdown, Change Control (in partnership with the Product Change Manager), Status Accounting, Verification & Audit, and preparation of Engineering Baselines - all within the bounds of the PLM system. The role will also support the development and implementation of ship applicability capability for Type-26.
Key Technical Skills
* Experienced in the analysis/'design' and implementation of PLM Toolsets including (preferred); PTC's Windchill, SENER's FORAN and AVEVA ERM.
* Experienced in Configuration Management theory, discipline and delivery on complex product development programmes.
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal, and demonstrates strong persuasive/negotiation skills.
* Awareness of the business considerations of employing PLM software, such as development methodologies.
* Strong understanding of data and information management principles, including an ability to apply them pragmatically.
* Type-26 Product Lifecycle Management: Assist in the overall co-ordination of the Type-26 Product Lifecycle Management system. Co-ordinate implementation of appropriate business rules and controls for each phase of the product lifecycle and ensure required level of reporting is delivered for PLM stakeholders
* Type-26 Through Life Data Management: Contribute to the execution of data management for the project through life, interfacing with stakeholders including the IM&T function.
* Ship Applicability: Define, co-ordinate and implement (with other stakeholders) a ship applicability solution for the Type-26 PDM/ERP interface
* Lead the successful implementation of PLM processes and controls, through targeted development activity with IM&T.
* Actively assure compliance of programme with Type-26 PLM and configuration strategies.
* Technically coordinate the striking of product baselines (including invoking the change management processes) to support the programme.
* Co-ordintate the delivery of the Type 26 PLM dashboards and technical reporting.
* Overall PLM system development overseen to ensure its quality as configuration controlled environment, in accord with lifecycle phase requirements.
* Lead the implementation of a multiple ship data management solution for Type-26 in terms of PDM/ERP
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.