- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Software Engineer - Autocode Generation
Principal Software Engineer with Autocode Geenration required for leading automotive consultancy on Hybrid and Electric Vehicle projects.
Our mission is to support the evolution of the automotive sector towards an efficient, sustainable low-carbon future. As the industry responds to seismic changes in the automotive market - and across society as a whole - we remain one of its most trusted and innovative partners, leading the way in high-calibre research across engines, drivelines and hybrid systems, as well as supporting the development of emerging technologies such as autonomous and connected vehicles.
Software engineering plays a key role in helping our customers design and implement complex interconnected software systems and supports our ability to deliver turnkey development of vehicle systems.
The embedded software team work as part of a wider project team which might for example include functional safety engineers, systems specialists and electronic design engineers. Developments will typically follow an application software and base software architecture with the use of Model-Based Design and auto-code integrated with hand-coded base software and drivers.
The software team are responsible for delivery of projects across the full development lifecycle, from concept and design through to implementation and test. Often being required to validate the integrated systems within the vehicle.
A new vacancy exists for a Principal Software Engineer or Technical Specialist to join the EMEA Embedded Software team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a range of different products & technologies, with responsibility for the application of systems and software engineering methodologies in order to provide the best solutions to our customers.
Everyday responsibilities will include:
- Leading technical delivery of software engineering work products according to cost, quality and operational targets.
- Communication and cooperation with a multi-disciplinary project delivery team, including the customer and suppliers.
- Engaging with customers and the business development teams to understand customer needs and help scope out the requirements and approach for new projects
- Supporting the wider team in understanding software engineering best practice, processes & procedures.
The role would be well suited to applicants who have a proven track record within embedded software engineering across a variety of different applications.
The position will be located at Cambridge with some occasional travel required to customer sites to support project meetings. You should have a full driving license and be prepared to travel in the UK and abroad.
The successful candidate will be degree qualified in a technical subject and will have a sound practical knowledge of software engineering (likely having experience of more than one development lifecycle methodology), either in automotive or another industry.
You are a creative, pragmatic engineer who applies a sound understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering to ensure that the product is well specified and robustly engineered.
Able to work & communicate well within multi-disciplinary project teams, you are a pro-active self-starter, able to make evidence-based decisions, and display a strong "can-do" attitude to match the challenges you will face with equal enthusiasm.
You will have had previous experience of technical leadership, working with a project manager to define, estimate, monitor & report on the day-to-day technical work of the team.
Knowledge or experience in at least one of the following areas would be considered advantageous:
- ISO26262 as applied to the development of high-integrity software
- Automotive technologies, standards and protocols (e.g. CAN, AUTOSAR, OSEK, J1939, ISO 14229)
- Microcontrollers and multi-core architectures
- Development tools including compilers, debuggers, network analysis and testing tools
- Appreciation of Model Based Design concepts & tools
- Experience working with networked systems and appreciation of failure modes and consequences, particularly in an automotive context
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.