- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, one of the South's most ambitious tech companies have a senior level opportunity to join the team. Having opened a brand new high volume manufacturing site this year it's an exciting time for the business.
Purpose of the Job
To provide test engineering capability and expertise to support Ceres Power's development of a low cost, next generation fuel cell technology. Working closely with development engineering and fuel cell scientists to take test objectives and develop & execute test plans rigorously, and to tight timescales.
- Provide test data and test capability for internal development as well as commercial programmes.
- Interface and communicate directly with internal and external customers and suppliers. Data analysis and report writing. Presentation of findings and recommendations.
- Technical issues resolution using formal problem-solving methodologies. Design test stand modifications and implement preventative actions.
- Carry out risk assessments and create safety design.
- Identify opportunities for improving efficiency and quality of test stand h/w and s/w to increase test resource utilisation and/or data quality.
- Design tests, define instrumentation and develop test method against test objectives/requirements.
- Codify test requirements into test scripts.
- Setup test stand software, support development of the same.
- Make use of FMEA and other tools to improve reliability design.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics or Electrical/Electronic engineering or similar.
- Good theoretical understanding and practical experience of:
- electronics, electrical diagrams etc;
- metrology and sensor technology such as thermocouples, flow controllers, pressure transducers etc.
- Experience of software (LabView, VisualBasic etc).
- Good understanding of engineering fundamentals particularly within heat Transfer/Thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
- Good theoretical understanding and practical experience of analytical and statistical software tools (MATLAB etc).
- Quick learner, passionate, "can-do" attitude.
- Methodical, attention to detail.
- A good team worker, open-minded, collaborative etc.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.