- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway Design Engineer
This is a new opportunity for an experienced Highway Civil Engineer to join our client's busy team in Hertford and work on a wide range of projects, with a mix of both private and public sector projects.
In this new opportunity you'll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You'll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people and organisations.
A typical week would include:
- Analysing engineering highway and civil drawings and documents (including reports, maps, drawings and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geological data) to determine the suitability of submitted designs and specifications, with reference to engineering principles, standards and guidance. Seeking support from colleagues where necessary.
- Managing Section 278 and Section 38 schemes from start to finish and ensure that projects are built in accordance with plans, special provisions and standards, and delivered with estimates. This may involve working with a team of Engineers to deliver a project, assigning and delegating tasks appropriately.
- Checking other Engineers work prior to approval by Project Manager.
- Possessing and maintain a sound knowledge of highway specifications and codes
- Reviewing legal agreements and other documentation submitted for approval.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Master's degree qualification in a relevant discipline (Civil engineering preferred)
- Experience in highway engineering, construction or design.
- Knowledge and understanding of Manual for Streets and the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges.
- An awareness of the UK planning application process.
- Ability to manage tasks without supervision. Effective time management and strong organisational skills.
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring Civil / Highway Engineer that is keen to develop their career in a major consultancy and work on a wide range of projects to diversify their experience.
Our client is also passion about additional training and helping staff achieve their chartership.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.