- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Principal Design Change Engineer
There is an opportunity for a Principal Design Change Engineer to join our client based in Filton on a contract basis.
The In-Service Design Change principal engineer will deliver a proactive and agile technical response service to the User and other key stakeholders in order to maintain operational capability in the in-service submarines. They will be able to apply their subject matter expertise and domain experience to good engineering practices, to ensure that any work carried out meets the relevant maritime legislation, industry and defence standards. They will have an understanding of how these will influence and impact design activities, technical and operational performance.
The Principal Engineer will evaluate, execute and manage complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks or programmes of work whilst recognising stakeholder and customer requirements. They will identify and implement opportunities for personal and team development to ensure that the professional capability of the business and individuals are maintained and improved.
* Qualified to degree level or higher in an engineering or closely related discipline, or an equivalent level of competence.
* Capable of working towards professional registration (CEng) through a recognised engineering institution such as the IET or IMechE.
* Understand the need, and have awareness of Product Safety and SH&E.
* The ability to communicate to all levels within the business and external stakeholders.
* Competent with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
* Knowledge and understanding of Royal Navy Submarine operation (ideally the Astute Class at Whole Boat and Major System level).
* Understanding of Enterprise Change Requests and Design Change Management Processes.
* Knowledge of Computer Aided Design package, for example Solidworks or CADDS
* Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in the phase relevant to the role
* Knowledge or at least recognition of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
* Conversant with the MoD In-Service Submarines Design Change process KP2.31.
Due to the nature of the work you will need to be a Sole British national with SC clearance to apply.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.