- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
EV Powertrain Test Technician:
Our client is a multinational assurance, inspection, product testing and certification company servicing transportation, Chemical, Energy, construction and other industries.
Our client facilities testing facility, having benefitted from major recent investments delivering some of the highest specification test cells available in Europe today.
These investments have also introduced hybrid powertrain dynamic drive cycle emissions test capability, EV axle module test, EV eMachine test and high voltage electrical systems test capability
An Opportunity has arisen for a Test Engineer to join our dynamic eMachine team based in Milton Keynes.
Role - We have an opportunity for a Test Engineer who will assist with daily operation of electrical test rigs for external clients. Applicants will be expected to be motivated and willing to take on new challenges and learning within the rapidly evolving EV arena.
- Responsible for operation of multiple test rigs outside of normal office hours using defined test methods and scripts
- Help to implement and follow safe systems of work
- Support the installation and calibration of data acquisition systems
- Support the debugging and commissioning of complex electronic systems, esp those with high speed serial interfaces (CAN/FLEXRAY etc)
- Ensure that the data generated is valid and in line with customer requirements
- Liaise with colleagues, customers and suppliers in a professional manner at all times
- Ensure all instrumentation used is calibrated in line with company procedures
Key Challenges / Goals
- Maintain efficient facility operation outside of office hours with engineer support
- Ability to work with software environments or spreadsheets (excel or matlab)
- Mechanical assembly & disassembly - ideally with some high-performance mechanical systems experience
- Electrical assembly & disassembly - Awareness of compliance for electrical cabling and connections, correct cable routing and containment, soldering skills
- Knowledge of multi-phase electrical applications
- Familiarisation with power analyser test equipment
- Machining knowledge - milling, turning, tolerancing, material basics and properties
- Ability to interpret CAD drawings for rigging purposes
- Vocational qualification in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline is desirable, but extensive experience will also be considered
- This is a shift role working on weekly, alternating early and late shifts between 06:00-14:00 and 14:00-22:00 Monday to Friday. Additional weekend overtime hours may be required to support
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.