- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Powertrain Test Technician
Our client is a multinational assurance, inspection, product testing and certification company servicing transportation, Chemical, Energy, construction and other industries.
An Opportunity has arisen for a Test Technician working weekly, alternating early and late shifts to join our dynamic testing team based in Milton Keynes.
Our client is seeking to recruit a Test Technician responsible for Development, Research, and Durability testing on automotive engines, transmissions, and hybrid systems in the Milton Keynes facility. This role will report to the Lead Technician and work includes engine rigging, fitting and testing as well as general engineering tasks in the workshop.
- Conduct tests on engines, transmissions, hybrid systems, or components in line with project requirements and ensure tests conform to customer instructions
- Execution of test and development activities, including reporting, to ensure that the data generated is valid and in line with customer requirements
- Help to implement and follow safe systems of work
- Maintain test bed files and all relevant forms, data sheets and log books
- Liaise with colleagues, customers and suppliers in a professional manner
- Ensure all instrumentation used is calibrated in line with company procedures
- Take responsibility for 5S and workplace organisation activities in the assigned areas
- Liaise with maintenance and facilities teams to ensure that any plant, equipment or instrumentation used on projects is fit for purpose
Key Challenges / Goals
- Maintain efficient facility operation outside of office hours with engineer support
- Ability to work effectively with software environments or spreadsheets
- Mechanical assembly & disassembly - ideally with some high-performance mechanical systems experience
- Exercising engineering sympathy whilst working with prototype components
- Vocational qualification in a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline is desirable, but extensive experience will also be considered
- This is a shift role working on weekly, alternating early and late shifts between 06:00-14:00 and 14:00-22:00 Monday to Friday. Additional weekend overtime hours may be required to support customer demands and deadlines.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.