- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of refuse collection vehicles and are the process of developing the next generation of fully electric and integrated vehicles.
Committed to the continued development of innovative solutions for the waste and recycling market, the company provides complete vehicle solutions, producing refuse collection bodies, chassis and bin lifts.
Its comprehensive product portfolio offers a configuration to suit every application, and this is backed-up by unrivalled customer service provided by the largest aftersales and support structure in the industry.
This organisation manufactures over 1,000 units per year for UK local authorities and private sector contractors. In addition, it has a continually expanding customer base overseas, including in continental Europe, Scandinavia, Australia and the U.S.A.
To maintain and improve production processes and implement new technologies to improve practices:
- Production Processes
- Project work
- Continuous improvement
Knowledge & Experience
- Truck, or related product, mechanical design
- Management of internal and external suppliers
- Understanding of required quality levels for this type of business
- Develop, manage & monitor production process
- Excellent Microsoft Windows, Excel, Outlook etc. skills
- New technology investigation and implementation
- Previously a member of project team from concept to completion
Education, Training & Qualification
- Min qualification HND in Mech Eng or the ability to demonstrate the same level of competence
- 3 years minimum experience in relevant industry
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the busines
- Confident and precise communications with component suppliers
- Well-developed problem solving and fault finding techniques
- Attention to detail
- Completer finisher
- Proven ability to consistantly obtain and act on feedback from shop floor staff
- Working within a team environment
- Willingness to work in a multi-site environment
- Managing individual workloads and time scales against project objectives
- Ability to act on own initiative whilst maintaining the expected courses of action
- The ability to remain positive and up beat despite daily business pressures
In addition to a competitive salary and training and development opportunities you will also recieve:
- Bike to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced holiday / service days
- Enhanced pension scheme and DIS benefit
Normal hours of work are 37 hours per week, 08:00 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 to 13:00 on Friday.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.