- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client are major systems engineering consultancy delivering the next generation of air traffic control systems. They are seeking experienced systems engineers to join them in their Whiteley offices.
The successful candidate will have a full understanding of the principles of system engineering, be able to demonstrate past successes in working within and\or leading diverse engineering teams and will have prior experience as a Systems Engineer for a major programme involving accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers. Using their experience in Systems Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute Systems Engineering activities across the full lifecycle
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Technical and/or team leading of significant portion of engineering activity of assigned programme.
- Defining and leading the engineering life cycle and ensure that all Engineering tasks in the defined scope of work are delivered appropriately.
- Producing detailed engineering artefacts such as:
- Detailed Designs.
- Failure modes analysis.
- Service Management Designs.
- Designs for onboarding service applications onto virtualised infrastructures.
- Compliance Reports.
- Security, HF and Safety artefacts.
- Capacity and Throughput analysis.
- Delivering milestone technical reviews and the associated work product deliverables.
- Defining lower level work packages, deliverables and timescales to achieve assigned project objectives.
- Interacting with Customers / stakeholders at all levels.
- Leading problem investigation and solution definition.
- Preparing operating instructions and user guides.
- Work package management and status reporting as required.
- Success in working within large-scale and complex integration programmes.
- Ability to work with a number of stakeholders and suppliers, working across organisational boundaries and acting as the technical interface between teams as appropriate.
- Demonstrable successes within the System Engineering or System Architecture environment
- Ability to use understanding of customer needs and expectations to generate mutually beneficial solutions or alternatives.
Desired, Non-essential Skills:
- ITIL including Service Management Roles & Processes.
- SysML MBSE experience.
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management or other safety related systems.
- Demonstrable commitment to sharing ideas, technologies and best practices.
- Experience of service management, assurance and regulation requirements and how they apply across functional boundaries.
- Willingness to offer fresh, innovative ideas and/or unconventional approaches.
- Ability to deliver clear messages through dialogue, written work and formal presentation.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.